In Cebu, Bantayan Island is the most destined place for summer vacation by locals and foreigners. How to get to Bantayan Island? There are several places to stay here from a very affordable price to expensive ones. You can even bring your own tent and go camping there. The food is accessible, from a local carenderia in the market to restaurants owned by some foreigners.
The image above was taken from the ferry boat. Sta. Fe Beach Club is the first resort you can see before arriving the port.
Guide on How to get to Bantayan Island
1. Go to North Bus Terminal. A taxi or a jeepney can take you there. From Colon Street or near Elizabeth Mall, take a jeepney with a route 01K.
2. At the North Bus Terminal, you can choose a Ceres Bus Liner or Cebu Auto Bus to ride with the sign going to Hagnaya. You can also opt for a taxi or van for hire but very expensive.
3. It takes 3 hours for the land transportation. Much better if you bring food or snacks with you during the trip. The bus will have its stop-over in Danao or Bogo.
4. You are near to Hagnaya when you are already in Bogo.
The ferry schedules are:
It takes 1 and 1/2 hours for sea transportation.
Note: The schedule posted above may subject to change without prior notice.
5. Upon arriving at the port of Sta. Fe, you can see a lot of pedicabs and multicabs to bring you to the resort of your choice. Or a van owned by a resort you are going to stay will be waiting for you as your service.
6. If you happened to arrive beyond 4:30 PM, a pump boat will take you to the island worth 300 pesos to 400 pesos.
I hope you’ll find this post helpful on getting there to Bantayan Island.
Places to Visit in Cebu and Other Things To Do
- Lakwatsa sa Sugbo 2014
- How to Enjoy Cebu South on a Budget?
- Adventure Cafe in Balamban, Cebu with College Friends
- Unwinding at Paulo Luna Beach Resort in San Fernando, Cebu
- Bantayan Island Cebu – How to Get There?
- How to Travel to Malapascua Island from Cebu City plus Kalanggaman Island Trip?
- The Canyoneering Cebu Adventure in Alegria to Badian in Cebu, Philippines
- Quick Things to Do in Cebu City
- That Amsterdam Feeling Sirao Flower Farm in Cebu
More from my site
Roxanne is an aspiring digital nomad. A virtual assistant since October 2009. She is a hobbyist blogger, photographer and travels a lot.