Are you planning for a trip to Myanmar? Learn on how to apply Myanmar e-visa, cost and processing time. First, you need to know if you need a visa to Myanmar as it depends on your nationality. As a traveler with a Philippines passport, I don’t need a visa to Myanmar if I only want to visit for 14 days or less. If I am planning to stay more than two weeks, then, I need to apply Myanmar e-visa online.
How to Apply Myanmar E-Visa Online?
- To start the application, go to Myanmar e-visa home page.
- Your passport is not ready to expire within the next 6 months.
- One colored photo on a white background with the size of 4.8 cm x 3.8 cm, the photo must be taken within 3 months.
- Prepare your credit card or debit card to pay US$50 for the application fee.
- Processing of the application takes about 24 hours to 3 working days.
- Travel to Myanmar within 90 days upon receiving the e-visa.
- A traveler can stay in Myanmar for 28 days.
- Don’t find work in Myanmar.
Reminder: The fee for the visa application is US$50 and that is non-refundable. Make sure that the information should be entered correctly
Other Information Needed to Apply for Myanmar E-Visa
- Your port of entry – your specific land border or airport
- Digital color passport photo – my photo was taken with a digital camera with a white background
- Your hotel’s name and address – fill it up in the form, make sure it’s a registered hotel
- Occupation or job
- Your passport number, date of issuance and date of expiration
Reminder: The immigration officer may ask that you need to present an exit ticket of your flight. Having a visa doesn’t guarantee you for entering the country if you can’t provide an onward ticket. If you need help on how to get one, do send a message on iTravelRox FB page.
Related Article: Check my other articles about getting visas in different countries – Visa
Countries that Needs Myanmar Visa
Almost foreign countries need to get a visa to enter Myanmar. Here are the following nationalities for the visa exemption:
- Brunei – 14 days
- Cambodia – 14 days
- Indonesia – 14 days
- Laos – 14 days
- Philippines – 14 days
- Thailand – 14 days
- Singapore – 30 days
- Viet Nam – 14 days
Here’s a list of passport holders who are eligible to apply Tourist eVisa – Notice to Tourists
Facts and FAQ: How to Apply Myanmar E-Visa
- It’s a single entry visa
- Myanmar e-visa cost is US$50
- Allowed 28 days visa
- Valid for 90 days from the issued date
Sharing to You My Personal Experience – How to Apply Myanmar e-Visa
I booked a one-way ticket to Myanmar for USD$90 3 weeks before the flight. It was a Manila-Bangkok-Myanmar flight with Cebu Pacific and AirAsia.
Filipinos are fortunate to visit Myanmar for 14 days but I took the advantage to travel Myanmar for 28 days so I applied for a Myanmar e-visa.
From Manila, the immigration of the Philippines asked for a return ticket so I showed it to them.
Upon arrival at Suvarnabhumi Airport Bangkok, the immigration of Bangkok never asked me for an onward ticket or return flight back to my country and gave me 28 days. But I had to transfer to Don Mueang International Airport for my flight to Yangon on the same day.
From DMK, at the boarding gate, the flight attendant asked me if I have a visa to Myanmar. I told her that the Philippines have 14 days free to enter Myanmar but still, I showed her my visa.
Upon arrival at Yangon International Airport, the immigration of Yangon also never asked me for an onward ticket. Make sure to put the correct address of your hotel. I showed her my Myanmar e-visa and wrote it honestly on the arrival card that I will stay for 28 days.
Find out other people’s experience of getting a visa.
I’m still in Myanmar at the moment (Sep 17), flew from Manila on September 12, 2018.
For questions, please leave your comments below as I will update more of this blog post.