An Unexpected Moment of Mount Fuji Aerial View
Who would have thought that I could have that unexpected moment of Mount Fuji aerial view? I actually missed it when I was in Tokyo and never saw one on my way to Osaka. I spent 14 days in Japan but never thought of going for a day to Mount Fuji. Well, it was expensive.
Related Article: How to Prepare for your First Solo Trip to Japan
How to Take Mount Fuji Aerial View Photos in Japan?
I actually missed my flight from Tokyo to Cebu. Do you know how expensive the flight was? It was PHP 18,000 when I wanted to book for the next day flight. Unfortunately, I never had that much money to return to Cebu.
So I looked for other ways to get out of Japan ASAP and found a flight to Hong Kong after two days worth JPY 6,000++. That means I had to sleep two nights at Narita airport for free.
It was a morning flight so I made sure not to miss this flight again. I needed to transfer to another terminal. Fortunately, I boarded the flight.
The crew put me on the window seat, onto the left side of the airplane. Somehow, I regretted not seeing Mount Fuji when I was on land. Heard the pilot talking and told the passengers to open their windows to see the view of Mount Fuji. It was a surprise!
I Cried While Up In the Air
After all the crazy misadventures I’ve experienced in Japan, I actually cried up in the air. I hurriedly took out my camera and my iPad taking a lot of photos. Not sure if I was able to take videos.
Which airline to take to see the aerial view of Mount Fuji?
I am not affiliated and not promoting this airline but I actually booked a flight to Hong Kong with Jetstar Asia. Pure luck that I was able to get it for JPY 6000++ or PHP 3,000++ and compared to flying back to Cebu for PHP 18,000. Since I am a digital nomad, I had no worries extending my trip to Hong Kong and stayed for another four days.
Best to book a flight in the morning! Thank me later.
Is it all worth it?
Definitely, the experience was all worth it. You can add this to your itinerary if you want to jump from one country to another. Yes, take a flight to Hong Kong from Tokyo.
Related Article: Sample Japan Trip Itineraries You Can Follow
Take the Mount Fuji Tour with Klook
- Mount Fuji Classic Tour: Oshino Hakkai, Gotemba Premium Outlets, and Matcha Experience
- Mt Fuji & Hakone Day Tour: Lake Ashi & Ropeway Day Trip from Tokyo
- Mt. Fuji 5th Station, All-You-Can-Eat Fruits & Mt. Kachi Kachi Ropeway Day Tour from Tokyo
- Fuji, Lake Kawaguchi, Oshino Hakkai, and Gotemba Premium Outlets Day Trip from Tokyo
- Mt Fuji Bus Day Tour: 5th Station, Oshino Hakkai, Ninja Village & Lake Kawaguchi from Tokyo
- Mt. Fuji Pass
- Fuji Onsen & Gotemba Outlets
- [Klook Exclusive] Mt Fuji Flower Sightseeing Trip from Tokyo: 5th Station, All-You-Can-Eat Fruit Picking, & Kachi Kachi Ropeway
- Mt. Fuji, Lake Kawaguchi and Seasonal Fruits Day Trip
- Mt.Fuji and Lake Kawaguchi Scenic Spots Day Tour from Tokyo
- [SALE] Mt. Fuji and Oshino Hakkai Day Tour from Tokyo with Gotemba Premium Outlets or Onsen Experience
- [Klook Exclusive] Mt. Fuji and Hakone Day Trip from Tokyo: 5th Station, Hakone Pirate Ship & Ropeway, and Gotemba Premium Outlets
Related Article: How to Get Japan Visa Without Income Tax Return?
More from my site
Roxanne is an aspiring digital nomad. A virtual assistant since October 2009. She is a hobbyist blogger, photographer and travels a lot.