Phuket was something I never dreamed of to travel to. Who would have thought we could travel to Phuket with 5 days itinerary on a limited budget?
After spending a few weeks in Bangkok in our hostel, the Thai girl named Peach told us about Phuket. She told us about the dates that were cheap. So Marichen booked the tickets in the last few weeks of October 2018. The tickets cost less than PHP 3,000 round trip.
Related Article: 10 Realizations While Traveling Long Term as an Ordinary Filipino
How to Get to Phuket?
You can fly to Phuket from Bangkok. Also, you can fly from Phuket to Manila. A bus ride from Bangkok to Phuket will also do but I never tried it.
Phuket Airport to Phuket City | Patong | Karon | Kata
From Phuket airport, the affordable way to go to Patong and other areas is riding a mini-van for 200 Baht. You can also opt for a taxi if you want a faster ride. Have a negotiation with a taxi driver for at least 500 Baht. You can book a shared van transport, book here via Klook.
Related Article: Booking a One-Way Ticket Travel Experience 2018 in 3 Countries
Where to Stay in Phuket? | 5 Days 4 Nights Phuket Itinerary
There are four major areas where you can stay in Phuket. These are Patong Beach, Karon Beach, Kata Beach, and Phuket Town.
We booked the cheapest accommodation in a hostel through Agoda for US$4 for 2 people, in a shared bed. It was in Patong area. It’s a shared room with other 5-6 people. We met some Filipinos in the studio apartment with their own stories.
During our stay in Patong area, we found out that Patong Beach doesn’t have the best beach as it was dirty. My friend and I never experienced swimming in Patong. Patong has several resorts, guesthouses, inns, bars, restaurants, and other establishments. It is filled with crazy nightlife and other water sports activities. We actually spent most of our days in Patong.
Related Article: Thailand to Cambodia Border Crossing and Vice Versa November 2018
Karon Beach is the area where it is not as crazy as Patong. There are resorts across the road but for sure, the beach area is also way better than Patong.
Kata Beach is quieter than Patong and Karon Beaches. There are some big resorts but several guesthouses.
Phuket Town is the economic center of the island where the accommodations are cheaper because it is far from the beach. You can stay here if you like the culture and heritage of Phuket.
Here are some hostels where you can meet other travelers from other parts of the world:
- Fin Hostel Co-Working – find out on Agoda
- Fin Hostel Phuket – find out on Agoda
- Slumber Party Hostel Phuket – find out on Agoda
- Memory Boutique Patong – find out on Agoda
- Relax Guesthouse – find out on Agoda
- Bedbox Guesthouse & Hostel – find out on Agoda
- TP Hostel Kata Beach Phuket – find out on Agoda
LuptaHostel Patong Hideaway – find out on Agoda
- Patong Beach Thai Pool Family Room – find out on Agoda
5 Days 4 Nights Phuket Itinerary and Budget
Day 1 Arrival in Patong Area
12:00 Getting ready from Bangkok to Suvarnabhumi International Airport
15:25 Depart from Bangkok
16:55 Arrival in Phuket
17:00 Took a mini-van worth 200 Baht from Phuket airport to Patong area, for hassle-free transportation, book it via Klook
19:00 Arrival to accommodation
20:00 Check some tours around and book for the next day for 800 Baht
20:30 Having dinner for at least 50 Baht
21:00 Rest, getting ready for tomorrow’s tour
Day 2 Phi Phi and Khai Islands Tour
7:30 Phi Phi Islands tour the whole day, book via Klook
17:30 Back to hostel, time to freshen up
18:30 Dinner for at least 50 Baht
Day 3 Phuket City Introduction Half Day Tour – Optional
8:00 Phuket City Tour, book it through Klook
17:30 Back to hostel
21:00 Patong Nightlife until 4 AM meeting our Thai friend, Peach
Day 4 James Bond Island and Phang Nga Bay Tour
8:00 James Bond Island and Phang Nga Bay Tour, book it via Klook
18:00 Back at hostel, time to freshen up
Day 5 Going to the Beach
8:00 Relax time, breakfast
9:00 Beach time choose going to Patong Beach or Kata Beach
15:00 Back to hostel
16:00 Dinner, Patong to Phuket airport by mini-van for 200 Baht
20:30 Departure from Phuket to Bangkok
22:00 Arrival in Bangkok, going to hostel
My friend and I had different agenda during Day 3 and Day 5. On Day 3, my friend was sick so she had to sleep the whole day. So I met someone in Phuket and went to Karon Beach. In the evening, my friends and I met in the club for a nightlife.
On Day 5, this was the time my life has changed as a solo traveler. Instead of flying back to Bangkok, I stayed longer that ended up to 11 days. We haven’t spent much money on Day 3 and Day 5. Let’s say, I went on a date. 😉
If you’ve read my other blog post, I actually stayed in Thailand for 3 months.
Expenses Each Person – 5 Days 4 Nights Phuket Itinerary
PHP 3,000 – round trip ticket from Bangkok to Phuket, paid via PHP debit card
150 Baht – Skytrain from Bangkok to Suvarnabhumi Airport
400 Baht – Van from Phuket airport to Patong accommodation and vice versa
USD 8 – $2 per night x 4 nights per person, paid via Agoda
600 Baht – food budget good for 5 days
800 Baht – Phi Phi tour with lunch, got discount through negotiation
1100 Baht – James Bond Island and Phang Nga Bay Tour with lunch
30 Baht – Bus from DMK to Bangkok (choice of hostel)
Baht Total – Baht 3,080 x 1.60 = PHP 4,928
PHP Total – PHP 3,000
US$ – $8 x 52 = PHP 416
Overall Expenses in Philippine Peso = PHP 8,344 per person
Activities to Enjoy in Phuket, Thailand with Klook
- Get your 4G Sim Card in Phuket, book it here – 4G SIM Card (Phuket HKT Airport Pick Up) for Thailand
- Looking for private Phuket transfer? Book it here – Private Phuket Airport Transfers (HKT) for Phuket and More
- Check out the Racha and Coral Island Tour, book it here – Racha and Coral Island Speedboat Tour from Phuket
- Enjoy the Thai Food and Culture, book it here – Siam Niramit Phuket Ticket
- Highly Recommended Tour, book it here – Maya Bay & Koh Phi Phi Speedboat Tour
- Enjoy the Cabaret Show, book it here – [SALE] Simon Cabaret Show
- Watch the Dolphine Show, book it here – [SALE] Phuket Dolphin Show Ticket
- Personally Experienced this and I highly recommend it, book it here –Phi Phi and Khai Islands Day Tour from Phuket: Pileh Lagoon, Viking Cave, Koh Phi Phi Don & More by PNT Travel
- Another personal experience and highly recommended, book it here – James Bond and Phang Nga Bay Speedboat Tour with Kayaking Experience
- Enjoy Fantasea, book it here – [SALE] Phuket Fantasea Ticket
- Check out Phuket City, book it here – Phuket City Introduction Half Day Tour
Disclaimer: I am using affiliate links to earn a little bit. Your booking can help maintain this website. Thanks.
More from my site
Roxanne is an aspiring digital nomad. A virtual assistant since October 2009. She is a hobbyist blogger, photographer and travels a lot.